Root Coverage with Allograft
Alloderm is widely used in both medicine and dentistry for plastic and reconstructive surgery. Originally developed to treat burn patients, it is now used in general surgery, orthopedic surgery and urogenital surgery in addition to its applications in dental surgical procedures. Since its introduction in 1994, there have been more than 900,000 AlloDerm grafts placed with no incidence of disease transmission.
AlloDerm is a processed tissue that comes from donors who are extensively screened and tested for presence of diseases including HIV and hepatitis. The processing procedure has been demonstrated to reduce HIV and hepatitis C surrogate virus to non-detectable levels. Additional testing for presence of pathogens is performed prior to and following processing to ensure that AlloDerm is disease-free before release for patient care.
AlloDerm Processing: A buffered salt solution removes the epidermis, and multiple cell types within the dermis are then solubilized and washed away using a patented series of non-denaturing detergent washes that rapidly diffuse into the dermis. The processed regenerative human tissue matrix is then preserved using a patented freeze-drying process, which prevents damaging crystal formations, thereby retaining the critical biochemical and structural components needed to maintain the tissue’s natural regenerative properties.
PUROS DERMIS (Allograft Tissue Matrix)
Puros Dermis is a natural alternative to autogenous (your own) soft tissue grafts. It can be used in for various applications for soft tissue augmentation: to increase volume and provide a highly cosmetic clinical result. Puros Dermis exhibits superb soft tissue response and maturation, ideal for aesthetic case requirements.
- It is a natural biological matrix designed for successful soft tissue enhancement, around teeth and implants.
- It reduces morbidity and eliminates the need for a second surgical site that is usually required for harvesting donor gum tissue.
- It retains the natural collagen matrix and mechanical properties of native dermis due to the proprietary Tutoplast Process. It exhibits multidirectional strength and exceptional adaptability to surface contours.
- Long history of effective clinical results in a variety of surgical applications.
The Puros Allograft family of products is refined using the proprietary, 5-stage Tutoplast sterilization process. While preserving the valuable collagen matrix and tissue integrity, this process gently removes unwanted materials such as cells, antigens and viruses, as well as inactivating pathogens. Tutoplast-Processed tissues have been used for over 30 years in more than one million procedures without a single reported case of disease transmission.
- Osmotic treatment Kills bacteria, destroys and removes unwanted cells, further reduces viral load
- Oxidative treatment Destroys remaining proteins and minimized potential graft rejection
- Alkaline treatment Further reduces prion infectivity
- Solvent dehydration Removes water from tissue and acts as a disinfectant, further reducing prions
- Limited-dose gamma irradiation Provides a sterility level of 10-6 and preserves graft integrity